Sunday, March 11, 2012

Harry Potter, Power & Knowledge

I had a curious dream the other night.
I was in a room that looked like an English pub and a library all in one, with people around. Some guys in there began to challenge me to a fight. The goal of this fight was to push each other off a table. I beat all of them. But then appeared a boy that looked like Harry Potter: with a baby-face and glasses, a sweater over a white-collar shirt. His face actually was like Harry Potter’s… or Daniel Radcliff’s. He also challenged me, which surprised me because he was apparently feeble and immature. However, I accepted the challenge and we met some time later at the same place. I wondered how he was going to beat me, but then I saw him take out dozens of books and stack them on the table until there was a large wall of books in front of me. Then I realized that he meant a different kind of fight, not physical but a BRAIN FIGHT.

I even remember my thoughts at that moment: there is more to life than breaking your back to gain physical strength or make a living. There is knowledge. This is the knowledge of the Truth that “sets us free”. How can we be free unless we know we are not, and if we do, we do not know how? And how can we know unless someone instructs us? Right now as I am writing these lines I have made a decision that has set me free and has filled me with peace that I would not achieve had I decided differently. This decision would be unattainable without me knowing the Truth. My dear and amazing God Jesus Christ who lives in me by His Holy Spirit has taught me right from wrong and how to become strong to choose what is right. I am forever grateful to Him for the knowledge and the strength. When the mankind agreed to destroy the very concept of deity they immediately faced numerous voids that their new atheistic worldview was failing to fill, so they set off for the mission to fill the gaps at any cost. Hence the social theory of conscience which insists on people’s awareness of good and bad being the result of external brainwash, not of an innate pattern.

The world is thousand times more complex and fascinating than it is interpreted by mainstream education. If only we let our knowledge head the right way we will discover within our planet indescribable new worlds to roam, learn and study. Travels to distant galaxies will be irrelevant when people find that Earth alone hides in itself enough to get them busy for centuries to come. But however enormous and different these worlds might be they will remain part of God’s splendid creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment